At Alpha we are committed to protecting our customers, the public, and ourselves from external fraud. Criminals are continually employing new and inventive ways of defrauding both companies and individuals. Two examples of the most common methods used by criminals are invoice and CEO scams.
Criminals will impersonate regular suppliers asking customers for their payment details to be edited or updated. This way they can intercept any onward payments you make. To prevent this from happening always verify a change of bank details by contacting your supplier directly.
Criminals may pose as your manager instructing for an urgent payment to be made that falls outside the scope of the business’s internal procedures. Always verify this kind of request directly with your manager.
If you have received an unexpected call that you’re unsure is from Alpha, end the call and phone us back from a different phone.
Contact us if you believe you have been a victim of fraud because of the following:
- You have instructed or received a payment via your Alpha account which you now believe is fraudulent.
- You have made a payment to an account held with Alpha, which you believe to be fraudulent.
- You believe someone has set up an Alpha account in your name without your authorisation.
Please contact us via:
- Your relationship manager
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In all instances, if you think you are a victim of fraud, we recommend that you report it to Action Fraud and contact your bank.
Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime to whom you should report any fraudulent activity.
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The FCA is a conduct regulator financial services firms and financial markets in the UK.
National Crime Agency
The National Crime Agency leads the UK’s fight against organised crime, by protecting the public through targeting and pursuing those criminals who pose the greatest risk to the UK.
Take Five is a national campaign offering straight-forward and impartial advice that helps prevent online fraud, including mobile phone and email related scams.